Because here is what I want to do: Open the first HTML file in one folder. Replace the phrase "sprunkers.com" with "theratbox.com" wherever it appears. Save the file (preferably someplace new so i can keep track, but i'm not picky). Close the file. Open the next HTML file in the same folder.
THAT IS ALL I WANT. MONKEYS COULD DO IT. LITERATE MONKEYS, BUT STILL.
I know there is a way to trick the automator into doing these tasks, but I cannot figure it out. And in the time i have spent trying to find actions such as 'replace' or even 'open stuff in this one folder', I could have recoded like 50 of these by hand myself. I even tried the "attach an action to a dropbox folder and it will do it to whatever you put in there" option, with no result.
I hate you, Automator. I hate your stupid-looking little robot, and your stupid useless actions. I was at one point close to weeping with rage, and that is when I decided that the experiment was over.
And now, having wasted an hour and a half of my life and coming out so angry as to be useless to put up with NVU and RBrowserLite's bullshit, I will actually start to fix the site.