God I love shounen anime. So much.
So instead of something intelligent, have a list of things that made me cry:
1. GREED. goddammit, how do they even make me sob for the bad guy (can anybody say Axel.) There was a moment much earlier where Gluttony was like "Lust is...gone?" in the background and I sniffled, entirely unwillingly, but Greed tricking Lin and then having his little montage was where I broke down entirely.
2. Roy agreeing to use the Philosopher's Stone. I was so pissed when he lost his sight in this series, one of the two things I HATED about the first series (the other was Hughes dying), and I was double-pissed because I thought I had escaped this one. So when they came through and rectified this one, there was more crying, partly out of relief (I was totally sure he'd say no) and partly out of happiness.
On the other hand: ROY'S TINY MUSTACHE LOOOOL. I hope Riza gives him endless amounts of grief about that ridiculous thing.
3. Hohenheim's final scene at Trisha's grave. Just, waaah. Although honestly I was just thinking to myself, if you knew you were going to die ANYWAY, why didn't you just go get Al YOURSELF, and I was sad there couldn't be a picture of him with everybody else smiling at the way end. I was glad they put Pinako in there with him at the end.
4. Also, Armstrong and Hohenheim exchanging thank yous. And here's something that didn't make me cry at all: The Armstrong family is the BEST THING EVER IN THE UNIVERSE.
5. Ed and Winry's fail confession, which made me laugh until Ed started laughing and then I teared up a little. WAAAAI so funny. And then that they got that last picture, and that the second kid is a girl (although deep in my heart I was hoping the older grumpy ed-esque kid would be the girl) and that they kept on about Al and Mei right up until the end.
musesfool, now that you have seen the light of Avatar, I wonder if we could get you into this, but think it might still be kind of a stretch. It's so good, though! There are strong women! and siblings! And a strong woman who beats up the siblings! And Daddy issues! And a tiny panda! Also Beth says you can watch it on Hulu.
I seem to have no more FMA icons anymore. Hmm. And now I get to go to the doctor to find out if I broke my wrist or what. Hooray! if a cast is even involved, I'm going to be thoroughly displeased...